Monday, April 9, 2012

Little Bow Tweed

This started out when I was trying to create an accessory for this pleated skirt I had made.


I made a bow out of the same tweed fabric, which was initially going to be made into a headpiece. I was also experimenting with other jewelry that would be modeled with the outfit to create a specific look. With strings of pearls came an idea from a happy accident.


This of course took forever because this necklace is comprised of three long strands of hand-knotted pearls. Who has time for that? Besides, if I were going to sell it, I'd have to charge about 90 dollars just to make it worth my time. I added Czech glass beads with magenta centers as the spacers between the faux pearls, instead of the knots. I'm pleased with the addition of color, and it's a nice little detail.








No comments:

Post a Comment